Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Start the Blog Back Up

Yes, friends. I am back. I am yet again unemployed.

Laid off. I know, bummer. But as many of my friends could tell you (or anyone who monitors my Facebook activity), my former job was walking the line between dull and mind-numbing. Everything happens for a reason, right?*

Anyway, getting to write this blog again is certainly a silver lining. Here are a few others I came up with:
  • Getting back that unemployed glow. Being in a office all day really got in the way of my tan.
  • Watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Oh yeah, I will be nerding out at 1 o'clock every day. The problem here is that "Maury" comes on at the same time. Luckily, if you only watch "Maury" in the commercials, you are usually about to piece together who is actually the father. They do a lot of recapping.
  • Sleeping in. An obvious one. I haven't lost my college ability to sleep until afternoon.
  • Free time. "Hey Mari, do you want to [insert activity here] at [random time]?" Rude, that is a pretty inappropriate way to fill in the blanks. But besides that, I am available!**
  • Saying, "Bitch, I ain't got no job." So far, I've really been enjoying this. Try it. But only once, because you don't have the credentials.
I am obviously looking for a new job. If anyone has any tips or leads, I'll give you a blog shout-out in exchange for them. I know, what a cool deal!1!! In the mean time, I'm promise to keep you updated on the boring totally exciting things I do. For example, I Google image searched "silver lining" and found that t-shirt. $26.95. Maybe they're hiring in the world of overpriced, nerdy t-shirt making...

*Psych. I hate the saying "everything happens for a reason," and I can almost say I hate anyone who says it. Read this insightful/scathing piece on that irritating bit of "inspiration." But my last job did give me a chance to read a LOT of Cracked, one of my favorites. It's like a hilarious Jeopardy! study guide.
**As long as said activity is free. C'mon bitch, I ain't got no job.

No comments:

Post a Comment